Cooperating with other organisations in a holistic approach, IAHV lays a strong psycho-social foundation in which other peace and development efforts can take root.
Supplying this missing link in peacebuilding, we turn personal transformation into greater peacebuilding impact.
- 150.000+ trauma-relief beneficiaries (Iraq, Israel-Palestine, Kashmir, India, US, Balkans, Kyrgyzstan, Sri Lanka, Northern Caucasus and Afghanistan)
- 7400+ fighters laid down arms (Kashmiri militants, Naxalite terrorists, FARC rebels, Kosovo Liberation Army veterans, the LTTE in Sri Lanka, militants in Assam, Maoists in Nepal)
- Gangs: reintegration of gang members
- Colombia breakthrough in peace process: FARC leadership embraces Gandhian principles of non-violence and agrees to speed up the peace process after mediation by IAHV Founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in June 2015.
- Prisons worldwide: rehabilitation programs for 400.000 prisoners and staff
- Reconciliation between tribes/villages
“I wholeheartedly endorse the IAHV Peacebuilding Program that you are launching. I firmly believe that IAHV has the promise of bringing something unique and impactful to traditional peacebuilding efforts.”
Sanjay Pradhan, Vice-President World Bank Institute
“I think this will address the roots of conflict, the psychological dimension that nobody deals with or comes close to. They think it is something very complicated. They need to find solutions for difficult cases and treat each case separately. However, this is an effective group approach for psycho-social issues.” Sanaa, social worker, Beirut
“You send people to a workshop for a week and you figure they’re going to feel better. But to see something one year after is pretty amazing.” Dr. Emma Seppala, Associate Director Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education at Stanford
“You are more effective in psycho-social support than any of the specialized agencies.” Youth worker, Tripoli, Lebanon
“Now we can trust again. We did not trust anyone anymore.” Displaced Yazidi from Sinjar, Iraq
“This (IAHV Programs) needs to spread across Syria and Lebanon.” Social activist, Tripoli, Lebanon
“I was very happy in the course. Very happy. I learned exercises that relax my body. My heart was emptied from all problems and burdens. It made us get rid of the tension and anger. I wish that all people will come to this happy place.”Malik, 12 yr, Bab Al Tabaneh, Tripoli, Lebanon
“I wish it wouldn’t be just 7 days program, I hope IAHV can have a center here where we can come to you. Just as you opened a door for us please open it to others too, this is what matters to us.”Ibrahim, Syrian youth refugee from Aleppo, Haret Hreik
“I observed many victims of war suffering from PTS in serious post-conflict circumstances inKosovo. IAHV trainings have significantly helped them in their recovery.” Vehbi Rafuni, Director, Association for Disabled Kosovo Liberation Army Veterans